Home Open Account Help 382 users online

Canadian Railroads > 3 from the past

Date: 11/07/19 07:11
3 from the past
Author: hoggerdoug

I posted these images elsewhere this morning and figured what the heck post them again on trainorders. Most likely re-posts, the electrons are recycled again.

Images of a south bound coal train passing the Teck load out facility on the BC Rail Tumbler subdivision. I have this image dated January 1985 which is the time era that I was working the pusher job in Tumbler. It is hard to imagine this was January with very little snow, that changed in a big hurry.
Doug

Date: 11/07/19 11:15
Re: 3 from the past
Author: refarkas

True treasures. Great images.
Bob

Date: 11/07/19 14:28
Author: perklocal

Fantastic ! Keep on recycling those electrons.

Date: 11/07/19 20:12
Author: mrsaxtonsr

Why sandwich the diesels between the electrics, I would think it would make switching easier to put the electrics together on the point ?

Date: 11/08/19 02:34
Author: hoggerdoug

Most likely there was a power shuffle happening with the consist.  The two leading electrics would be left at Tacheeda for the next north bound empty coal train. The three diesels would take the train to interchange with CN at Prince George and the trailing electric may have been going to Prince George shops for repairs. Diesel units could be MU'd and operated behind electric locomotives but not the other way around. Electric units would trail / isolated and dead behind diesel units account different requirements for operation.
Doug

mrsaxtonsr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why sandwich the diesels between the electrics, I
> would think it would make switching easier to put
> the electrics together on the point ?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0439 seconds