Home Open Account Help 194 users online

Canadian Railroads > What is the story on the CN strike?

Date: 11/22/19 17:12
What is the story on the CN strike?
Author: renf

I live in Cape Neddick Maine where we get the CBC telecasts from the station in Sherbrooke,  The comments are in French so I may
miss some details.  However, it appears that there are substantial protests from farmers and other in Quebec and the absenc
of CN freight rail service.  How much longer can this strike last?  What are the most recent details about negotiations?

Date: 11/22/19 18:24
Re: What is the story on the CN strike?
Author: Ray_Murphy

What I have heard is that the Quebec agricultural sector uses propane at a rate 6 million liters/day (~50 tank cars) for harvest drying and building heating (at this time of the year). After 5 days the supplies have pretty much run out. Apparently, CN is taking steps to expedite delivery of cars already in yards in the province, and to move a train of LPG from Alberta (expected to arrive in Montreal early next week).

Ray

Date: 11/23/19 04:14
Author: DrawingroomA

Date: 11/23/19 13:08
Author: Lackawanna484

There was some talk last year about converting a Canadian West to East propane pipeline to carry crude, instead.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0281 seconds