Home Open Account Help 390 users online

Canadian Railroads > The WHRC Corporate Image

Date: 01/14/20 18:08
The WHRC Corporate Image
Author: cn6218

The Windsor & Hantsport certainly didn't spend much money on advancing their publc image, but here are two of the very few examples that did see the light of day.

In the background is RS-23 8046, the only locomotive to be repainted from CP action red.  I'm told it was a bit of a rush job a few days before the road officially started in the summer of 1994, and the painting was done under the underpass the gypsum train is emerging from in this picture.

Caboose 150 (originally CP 434676) came to the WHRC in CP yellow paint with a multimark, but after a short while was sent to Derby shops in Maine (parent Iron Road's home shop) and came back to Nova Scotia in this CP inspired scheme.  At one time there were Iron Road shields underneath the windows of the cupola, but I think those were removed after IR's bankruptcy and WHRC reverted to sole ownership by Bob Schmidt.  The other side of the cupola has the name Christine Schmidt on it, who I think is Bob's daughter.

The former CN daynighter passenger car got a treatment similar to the van (also at Derby?), and the two open air passenger cars (former Great Smokey Mountain Railway) also got the maroon and grey treatment.  I don't have any pictures of the passenger cars handy.  Maybe that will be another posting.

GTD

Date: 01/14/20 19:27
Re: The WHRC Corporate Image
Author: EL833

Geoff, nice ! I've never seen pics of that caboose before, thanks for digging those out.

Roger Durfee
Akron, OH

Date: 01/15/20 11:52
Re: The WHRC Corporate Image
Author: briancdn

EL833 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Geoff, nice ! I've never seen pics of that caboose
> before, thanks for digging those out.

Agreed. Thanks for posting!

Brian N.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0401 seconds