Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Canadian Railroads > TH&B Tuesday

Date: 02/04/20 02:16
TH&B Tuesday
Author: hoggerdoug

June 1979 Ron Tuff photo of TH&B 71 leading the "Montrose Job" near Summit on the TH&B Welland sub. I can't tell which direction the train was travelling but I suspect it was west bound. The TH&B crews handled a joint CP - PC train that ran between Toronto and Buffalo. The TH&B crews used to go on duty at the Penn Central Montrose yard and run the train from there to Hamilton. At Hamilton they would trade with the CP crew from Toronto and take the train east to Montrose. The train symbols were FT-1 & TF-2.
Doug
most likely the image taken near Vinemount, not Summit as indicated on the slide.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/20 06:29 by hoggerdoug.

Date: 02/04/20 06:07
Re: TH&B Tuesday
Author: va3cp

Hey Doug, 

I thought Summit was on the line going to Brantford and located at the end of the horseshoe curve where the line crossed Mineral Springs Rd.  (almost at Hwy 52)
You may be thinking of Vinemount.  

Regards....

Dave Burroughs
Hamilton, ON

Date: 02/04/20 06:27
Author: hoggerdoug

Thanks Dave. Yes I'm aware of Summit on the Waterford sub, mile 48.9, been through there a few times. I will have to dig out Ron's slide but I'm pretty sure I labelled the scan as exactly as he labelled them. I too thought of Vinemount but then again thought perhaps the name had been changed to Summit. The image is definately on the Welland sub.
Doug

va3cp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Doug, 
>
> I thought Summit was on the line going to
> Brantford and located at the end of the horseshoe
> curve where the line crossed Mineral Springs Rd.
>  (almost at Hwy 52)
> You may be thinking of Vinemount.  
>
> Regards....
>  

Date: 02/04/20 14:36
Author: krm152

Like your TH&B photo posts.  Please keep them coming.
ALLEN

Date: 02/04/20 18:42
Author: Nscaler

That might be the Ridge Road crossing at the top of Vinemount before the overpass was constructed.

Date: 02/06/20 13:00
Author: ironmtn

Another wonderful, classic TH&B image. Keep 'em coming!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0358 seconds