Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Canadian Railroads > Garrison Crossing

Date: 02/07/20 11:23
Garrison Crossing
Author: Goldie

Garrison Crossing pedestrian bridge opened this past fall in Toronto. Crosses both the CP MacTier Sub and the CN Oakville Sub.Here are some pics of the Mactier Sub. 1. is the UP Express with the Bathust Street bridge and Lakeshore GO line in the background. 2. UP ducking under the Strachan Ave. underpass heading to the airport  3. GO heading to Barrie or Milton. My battery died so no pics of the Oakville Sub.(Lakeshore GO Line) section.

Date: 02/07/20 16:17
Re: Garrison Crossing
Author: cn6218

Thanks for these new views.  If it wasn't for the CN Tower, downtown Toronto would be almost unrecognizable.

What are the six different tracks in your second photo?  Isn't the CN Weston Sub there too?  The two tracks on the right (of the second picture) appear to dead end under the bridge you're on.

GTD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/20 06:58 by cn6218.

Date: 02/07/20 21:32
Author: railsmith

Goldie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Garrison Crossing pedestrian bridge opened this
> past fall in Toronto. Crosses both the CP MacTier
> Sub and the CN Oakville Sub.Here are some pics of
> the Mactier Sub. 1. is the UP Express with the
> Bathust Street bridge and Lakeshore GO line in the
> background. 2. UP ducking under the Strachan Ave.
> underpass heading to the airport  3. GO heading
> to Barrie or Milton.

Thanks for posting. Coupled with the often-photographed views in both directions from the Bathurst Street bridge seen in the distance in photos 1 and 3, this makes for an interesting "walking tour" of photo spots worthy of several hours or more. This has definitely gone on my list of things to do when I make my next and much-overdue visit to Toronto. I spent some time on Bathurst Bridge in 2010 and shot 49 passenger movements in 92 minutes (which was well before UP Express), as well as numerous shots of the Bathurst streetcars.

Date: 02/08/20 06:53
Author: Goldie

Your right cn6218. It is the CN Weston Sub. The Mactier Sub begins a little further north, as for the tracks don't know perhaps for further expansion.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0324 seconds