Home Open Account Help 258 users online

Canadian Railroads > Returning CP employees told to work despite self-isolation notice

Date: 03/22/20 12:48
Returning CP employees told to work despite self-isolation notice
Author: Marcus

Despite a March 13 federal government notice
advising everyone entering Canada to self-isolate for 14 days,
CP required employees returning from out of country vacations to report for work.

CP cited an exemption for transportation workers,
though the exemption only applies to workers crossing the border in the course of their work.

Six days later, on March 19, CP CEO Keith Creel sent a letter to employees correcting the policy.

Mark Redd, EVP of Operations, described "good faith differences in interpretation"

Two employees at CP's Calgary headquarters have tested positive, as of March 18.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/cp-rail-mark-redd-covid-19-coronavirus-cpr-1.5505105

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/cp-rail-covid-19-calgary-headquarters-1.5502327

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/20 12:49 by Marcus.

Date: 03/22/20 14:53
Re: Returning CP employees told to work despite self-isolation no
Author: Juniata

Face it; the large companies that are in contempt of their employees have not changed their true nature despite the pandemic. A corporate ass is still a corporate ass.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/22/20 18:54
Author: gaspeamtrak

So true...
Tell that to "Hunter Harrison" and his "Henchmen" who took over from him :(:(:(
Working for the railway was a life long dream for me...:):):)
I had a chance to work for CN 10 years ago as a Track Foreman in Belleville, Ontario with one weeks training at "MAC" yard in Toronto when they were triple tracking parts of the coridor between Toronto and Montreal
or work at the local school board pushing a broom
I chose the school board as things were really bad at CN at the time...
My wife had health issues and I lost her almost a year ago at 56 years old and the school board was great giving me the time to be with her.
Wanna bet what CN or CP would have told me ???

Juniata Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Face it; the large companies that are in contempt
> of their employees have not changed their true
> nature despite the pandemic. A corporate ass is
> still a corporate ass.
>
> Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/23/20 11:36
Author: tomstp

The more stories like these i hear just makes me glad I never hired out on a railroad and I almost did..

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1227 seconds