Home Open Account Help 363 users online

Canadian Railroads > BC Rail, Meet at Brunswick, 2860 South, August, 1991

Date: 04/08/20 20:38
BC Rail, Meet at Brunswick, 2860 South, August, 1991
Author: FiveChime

With time on my hands, I've been converting some of my old 8mm videos to digital format so they can be posted here.

I spent every August from 1983 to 1991 on the British Colunbia Railway, later BC Rail. Wonderful trains, people, and scenery.

This clip is from Brunswick, right along Howe Sound, 19 miles north of North Vancouver, BC.

2860 which ran on a regular basis during the Summer between North Vancouver and Squamish is in the siding at Brunswick
for a northbound freight with and old British Columbia Railway green Alco in consist.

Regards, Jim Evans

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/08/20 21:15
Re: BC Rail, Meet at Brunswick, 2860 South, August, 1991
Author: Train611

Perfect!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/09/20 09:13
Author: tomstp

Thanks for that video.  I rode that train in 1995 with that engine.  Beautiful ride and engine.  I remember the track from N Vanouver to Squamish had MANY curve oilers and in spite of 15 cars I heard it slip just a little only one time.  Impressive. Crew was very nice too.  It left a good impression of BC Rail.

Did all those passenger cars get saved? I know the engine did.

Date: 04/10/20 08:54
Author: spdaylight

Nicely done Jim . .  the 8mm film transfer turned out nicely . . do you send it out or do you have a machine?  Also, interesting to note that back then, the trainman would throw the switch by hand and then reboard the train.

Craig
mcmrailvideos.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0346 seconds