Home Open Account Help 387 users online

Canadian Railroads > Halifax Station in February '74

Date: 04/09/20 09:56
Halifax Station in February '74
Author: ghCBNS

The w/b Ocean is ready to depart Halifax while a Grain Train waits to follow on the adjacent track.

Date: 04/09/20 09:57
Re: Halifax Station in February '74
Author: ghCBNS

In the Coach Yard....Edson trails the equipment for that evenings w/b Scotian to Montreal. In the late '60s it probably would have been a Skyview like Gaspe here bringing up the markers on the Scotian......but it's now out of service and awaiting disposal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/20 09:58 by ghCBNS.

Date: 04/09/20 14:05
Author: King_Coal

What a passenger train operation the CN had. Thanks for continuing to share these.

Date: 04/09/20 14:43
Author: DrawingroomA

Thanks for posting. Halifax has been one of my favourite destinations since my first trip in 1971. When was the train-shed torn down? I had a long gap between trips to Halifax and was surprised on my first trip since VIA took over from CN to see it had been demolished.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/20 14:44 by DrawingroomA.

Date: 04/09/20 15:40
Author: cn6218

That "grain train" intrigues me.  Brand new Trudeau hoppers, and the GP38-2W was only a few months old too.  Could this have been a PR demo rather than a real train?  There was a track in the station (Platform 1?) for express shipments.  I remember seeing boxcars under the train shed on the few trips that I took in that time frame, but surely grain wasn't unloaded there?  The actual grain elevator track was almost a mile west of the station.

GTD

Date: 04/10/20 11:02
Author: gaspeamtrak

I never new that there was a car called "Gaspe'
You have made my day !!! :):):)
Thank you for sharing !!! :):):)

ghCBNS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In the Coach Yard....Edson trails the equipment
> for that evenings w/b Scotian to Montreal. In the
> late '60s it probably would have been a Skyview
> like Gaspe here bringing up the markers on the
> Scotian......but it's now out of service and
> awaiting disposal.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0553 seconds