Home Open Account Help 239 users online

Canadian Railroads > We Got Bugs!

Date: 06/21/20 05:04
We Got Bugs!
Author: cn6218

Fred asked yesterday if there were a lot of mosquitoes around at that rather swampy looking location in Bedford.  That can sometimes be a problem, and when I was out at Rocky Lake (a couple miles farther west) on Friday for 120, they were starting to bother me a bit as I waited for the train.  What I didn't notice until I looked at the images on the computer that night, was a REALLY big flying thing, just to the right of the SD70M-2's conductor's window, in the first image.  However, after blowing it up, it turned out to be one of those bugs I'm glad to see, not one to despise.  I'm pretty sure it's a dragon fly, which was cruising around looking for other bugs to eat, hopefully the same ones that want to suck my blood!

GTD

Date: 06/21/20 09:09
Re: We Got Bugs!
Author: hoggerdoug

Looks more like a helicopter or a drone. That Dragon Fly needs clearance from Air Traffic Control.
Doug

Date: 06/21/20 09:55
Author: TAW

hoggerdoug Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks more like a helicopter or a drone. That
> Dragon Fly needs clearance from Air Traffic
> Control.

For those who have never had the experience, I describe to folks the mosquitoes in North Dakota and Minnesota as being so big they're required to have red and green lights on the wingtips.

TAW

Date: 06/21/20 11:12
Author: gaspeamtrak

Ouch !!! :):):)

Date: 06/22/20 04:47
Author: algoma11

I'll take mosquitos any day over Blackflies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Mike Bannon
St Catharines, ON

Date: 06/22/20 22:04
Author: feclark

That's a nice location, with your own wingman!
Fred

Date: 06/23/20 04:29
Author: cn6218

feclark Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's a nice location,

I had posted some pictures from here last year:

https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?15,4858520,4858520#msg-4858520

Since then the funky code line has been removed.  The most recent shot was taken about 11:00, and I was concerned the light would be nosy, so I didn't bother with the broader shot.  Maybe I should have.

GTD

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.042 seconds