Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Canadian Railroads > Posted Without Comment

Date: 07/02/20 04:11
Posted Without Comment
Author: cn6218

From July 8, 2010.  Moirs Mills, mile 9 of the CN Bedford Sub.

GTD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/20 20:00 by cn6218.

Date: 07/02/20 05:48
Re: Posted Without Comment
Author: gaspeamtrak

One word ! Idiots !!!
Taking care of the gene pool...:(:(:(

Date: 07/02/20 05:54
Author: joemvcnj

Why is that train trespassing on their walking path ?

Date: 07/02/20 07:18
Author: icancmp193

Going for the killer selfie in #5.

TJY

Date: 07/02/20 08:41
Author: Rmosele

By now that couple probably has a small child that they let play on those same tracks.

Date: 07/02/20 10:12
Author: TAW

joemvcnj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why is that train trespassing on their walking
> path ?

Similar comments were made by the government of Surrey BC when I was working on restoring the Seattle - Vancouver BC paseenger service (on a line that already had a half dozen or so freight trains).

TAW

Date: 07/03/20 14:59
Author: march_hare

How fast was the train moving?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Date: 07/04/20 13:03
Author: Milwaukee

Unless she was really, really quick, the train must have come to a stop in order for the girl to go from the dashing off the tracks with her male friend to the next photo where she is alone and apparently texting.

Date: 07/04/20 14:03
Author: cn6218

This area is notorious for trespassing, with a recently constructed recreation area on the water, and numerous apartments and condos on the land side of the track.  The only legal access requires a pedestrian to go at least a mile out of their way.  If you sit there for 10 minutes waiting for a train to arrive, probably a dozen people will cross the track.  I think this may be an example  of what the lawyers call an "attractive hazard".  There are several of CN's stock No Trespassing signs posted next to the paths that cross the track, but I've never seen anybody walk up, read the sign, and then not cross.  The fine is a minimum of $225, but I've also never even heard of anybody being ticketed.

The train was going rather slowly.  In the last frame, you can see the conductor is missing from his seat, and although I don't remember the exact circumstances, the train was going slowly because he was going to board somewhere up ahead.  The girl appeared to be taking a selfie, but I can't imagine the engineer was very comfortable when he saw what was happening even at that slow speed.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0317 seconds