Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Canadian Railroads > MLW Monday

Date: 07/06/20 01:53
MLW Monday
Author: hoggerdoug

A sunny morning July 1985 we were stopped at Hixon BC on the BC Rail Prince George sub. I have forgotten what symbol we were that morning, either a late VC or early VO and for that matter if we were having a meet there with #2 the Budd car or perhaps waiting for a relief crew.  I did not keep my time books from the era which would now be handy for dating the slides as well as other information from the day. Regardless, it was a nice sunny morning for a train ride and photos. 

Doug

Date: 07/06/20 04:52
Re: MLW Monday
Author: refarkas

Great set. That lashup in your last photo really adds to MLW Monday!
Bob

Date: 07/06/20 09:36
Author: E25

Photography allows us to return to some of the memorable times of our life.  Thanks for sharing one of yours.

Greg Stadter
Phoenix, AZ

Date: 07/06/20 20:31
Author: GREENGROCER

Hi Hoggerdoug  Back in 1970 I worked for the Rail division of Mannix Constuction. We worked on the White Pass and Yukon Route from May until the end of August. We were then sent down to the Pacific Great Eastern for a tie and roadbed renewal program from Crysdale at the north end to the Cottonwood bridge at the south end. Our camp of trailers on flatcars was parked at Hixon on the tracks shown in your pictures. Good times. Thanks for the memory jog!! Cheers Greengrocer

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0767 seconds