Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Canadian Railroads > Saint Lawrence and Atlantic in Quebec

Date: 07/23/20 12:04
Saint Lawrence and Atlantic in Quebec
Author: cn6218

When the St. Lawrence & Atlantic got started in the early '90s (it was actually a reincarnation of the original SL&A which then became part of the Grand Trunk), CN only sold the US side of the operation, from Island Pond, VT to Portland, ME.  Eventually the Canadian track was spun off as well, from St. Rosalie to Richmond, Sherbrooke, and on to the border.  I haven't had much luck lately photographing the US side (COVID-19 aside), since it runs mostly at night, but had better luck in Quebec (except for the cloudy skies) a few years ago.  We picked up the main through train, 394 (which now runs all the way to CN's Southwark Yard near Montreal) at Durham-Sud and Richmond on August 8, 2017.  But farther east, we found another sizeable train, powered by a GP40-2/GP40-3/Slug combination, which I think was local 510.  It's shown here nearing Sherbrooke, and then passing the former CN station a few miles farther east.

GTD

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.029 seconds