Home Open Account Help 261 users online

Canadian Railroads > The Enterprise

Date: 08/09/20 10:31
The Enterprise
Author: cn6218

Photos of the Enterprise, the overnight train between Toronto and Montreal, are probably not common, since it left Toronto at 23:30, and arrived in Montreal at 08:00 the next morning (including about a 3-hour stop in Brockville).  In fact this might not even be the Enterprise, since VIA stopped using names for most of its train around this time.  However, on August 22, 2001 the short consist of VIA 50 was being backed from Central Station to the VIA maintenance centre after the overnight run.  Yoho Park is posed over the Lachine Canal at Wellington.

GTD

Date: 08/09/20 12:06
Re: The Enterprise
Author: refarkas

First-class photo - Beautiful.
Bob

Date: 08/09/20 14:15
Author: RuleG

Thank you for being an enterprising photographer to capture this nice view!

Date: 08/10/20 07:07
Author: DrawingroomA

I believe the Enterprise kept its name right to the end. Before the train was converted to Renaissance equipment, a cold breakfast was served buffet style in  the Park car. A tray meal was available for passengers who preferred to have their breakfast in their room.

I missed the Park car, of course, when the Ren. equipment was used. When travelling with my wife I also missed having a reasonably-priced drawing room. But the Ren. sleepers provided single use of the double rooms for the price of a roomette. In other words, there was no supplement at all so a couple could have the upper and lower bunks in one room or have two rooms for the same fare. There was no breakfast buffet in the service car so trays were delivered to passengers in their rooms.

I travelled on the Enterprise 17 times in the five and a half years it operated. Passenger loads were usually light, but business was better on the e/b train on the days of the arrival of the Canadian. In my experience, it would be held as long as two hours for the  frequently late Canadian.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0278 seconds