Home Open Account Help 295 users online

Canadian Railroads > Monochrome Monday - CN Grain Train at New Sarepta, Camrose Sub

Date: 09/21/20 09:06
Monochrome Monday - CN Grain Train at New Sarepta, Camrose Sub
Author: feclark

My wife and I took a day trip to Miquelon Lake, southeast of Edmonton, on Saturday August 15. It's a lovely drive, and on the way home, from the highway I saw grain cars on the siding at New Sarepta, MP 24.7. An excursion into town, part of my intention to case the Camrose Sub for photo opportunities, showed they comprised a stationary NB (rail west) grain train, with no signs of a crew. A series of cumulus clouds was rolling through, so I got the chance to compare colour with B&W. The monochrome shot was taken with the lens set at 100 mm, and my vantage point was pretty much at the grade crossing in town. Including the west end of the siding, with part of the turnouts, added to the interest of the shot. The best colour shot I got was taken using the lens set at 80 mm, having walked a short distance along the right of way, making the coloured cab pop against the background. The different media call for different compositions, I think. The flanger signs on the right are handled differently as well. By the way, the consist is 5707, 5633, and 2686, and it's 1630; train number unknown (there are several 800-series grain trains listed in the Trackside Guide that could be sitting here, north of Camrose).
Fred

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/20 22:29 by feclark.

Date: 09/21/20 09:38
Re: Monochrome Monday - CN Grain Train at New Sarepta, Camrose Su
Author: gaspeamtrak

Wow ! Whata difference...
Thank you for sharing this with us ...:):):)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0288 seconds