Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Canadian Railroads > Monday Meet

Date: 09/28/20 02:50
Monday Meet
Author: hoggerdoug

Late June, 2007 at Wedge on the BC Rail Squamish sub. We were waiting in the clear at Wedge for this southbound train to go by. We had a OCS "work authority" and cleared the train through our limits. After the train has gone by, we will pull out on to the main track with our Rocky Mountaineer train, and backup 8 or so miles to Whistler, load the passengers and then head north to Quesnel, 315 miles away.

Date: 09/28/20 02:55
Re: Monday Meet

prior to arrival of the 4611, had a few minutes to take couple of pictures. Looking north and the great scenery. Other image of our train "Fraser Discovery". Images taken at 06:11 early morning start. We had arrived at Whistler the evening before, unloaded passengers and on board staff, backed up to Wedge, wyed the train and secured it for the night. Cleaning staff cleaned the train and re-stocked supplies and a "watchman" stayed during the night to guard the train.
Doug

Date: 09/28/20 08:19
Author: stanhunter

Doug, I am so glad you took so many photos of your time on BCR.  I had many good times on that railroad - one of my cousins was an RFE out of Squamish, and in the 1980s he set me up with all kinds of cab rides and access.  A beautiful railroad with very kind and considerate employees.  Thanks for the memories.

Stan Hunter
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 09/28/20 09:45

Stan, who was your cousin RFE ??
Doug

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0885 seconds