Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Canadian Railroads > MLW Monday Multimark

Date: 09/28/20 06:10
MLW Monday Multimark
Author: cn6218

It's May 5, 2004 and RS-23 8034, assigned to Funday Gypsum, is coming out from the dumper to pick up a cut of loads in the small Hantsport yard.

Prior to 1995, when CP operated the gypsum trains on their Nova Scotia outpost, Fundy had their own GE 45-tonner for switching in Hantsport.  Once Iron Road (WHRC) took over, they supplied an RS-23, although Fundy's crews operated it.  It seemed that any one of the 8 or 9 active MLWs could get the job, and they were rotated in and out as they needed maintenance.

8034 was the only active RS-23 on the Windsor & Hantsport that still had the large multimark on the hood and black and white stripes on the cab end.  There was one other parts unit with a small multimark, but I never saw it operating.

GTD

Date: 09/28/20 07:15
Re: MLW Monday Multimark
Author: gcm

Nice one !
Gary

Date: 09/28/20 09:08
Author: refarkas

Great rare catch.
Bob

Date: 09/28/20 16:15
Author: feclark

Nice shot, and I see it has the short stack. Did this one ever get extended?
Fred

Date: 09/28/20 18:23
Author: cn6218

As far as I can tell, 8034 never got the extended stack or ditch lights.

But in my quick search, I did find another working unit with large multimark.  8027 was also painted the same way, but I only photographed it a handful of times, the last in 2000.  It didn't have the stack extension or ditch lights either, and seems to have only been used as a middle unit or at the dumper.

GTD

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.04 seconds