Home Open Account Help 307 users online

Canadian Railroads > CP #113

Date: 10/17/20 19:50
CP #113
Author: Gerrypaul

I was recently asked about Canadian Pacific's #113 (Montreal / Hochelaga Yard) to Poco (Vancouver). I realized that the routine for #113 may be different now because of COVID issues or other matters. 

I remember #113 as a westbound daily intermodal. I remember it as typically departing in about a 12midnight -- 3AM range from Hochelaga Yard. . For purposes of ID when out watching for it, it still has the single unit on the point and a DPU about mid--train? 

Is this still correct? Is it still exclusively intermodal? Maybe it now has autoracks or some manifest? 

I hope someone can please fill this subject out a bit. Thank you!

---Gerrypaul

Date: 10/18/20 04:41
Re: CP #113
Author: Blackfoot

The departure time you mentioned is probably correct as it usually passes through Toronto between 10am and 1pm.  Whenever I see it go by it's almost always 100% intermodal, but there have been a few times when I've seen it with a small amount of mixed freight at the head end. It usually has two units on the lead and a DPU, but that varies also.  One thing I noticed lately was that a good portion of the train has been single containers in well cars, not stacked.  Here's two shots of yesterdays 113, which passed through Toronto at 12:20 pm.

Dwayne

Date: 10/18/20 12:55
Author: railsmith

Blackfoot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The departure time you mentioned is probably
> correct as it usually passes through Toronto
> between 10am and 1pm.  Whenever I see it go by
> it's almost always 100% intermodal, but there have
> been a few times when I've seen it with a small
> amount of mixed freight at the head end. It
> usually has two units on the lead and a DPU, but
> that varies also.  One thing I noticed lately was
> that a good portion of the train has been single
> containers in well cars, not stacked. 

Train 113-09, which arrived on the coast on October 14, had 13 autoracks behind the power, and also a considerable number of unstacked containers. Power was two lead units and a midtrain DPU. Much of this train's consist is delivered to the Vancouver Intermodal Facility in Pitt Meadows (domestic containers and autoracks) before it continues west to Port Coquitlam Yard.

Date: 10/18/20 13:51
Author: Blackfoot

railsmith Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Train 113-09, which arrived on the coast on
> October 14, had 13 autoracks behind the power, and
> also a considerable number of unstacked
> containers. Power was two lead units and a
> midtrain DPU. Much of this train's consist is
> delivered to the Vancouver Intermodal Facility in
> Pitt Meadows (domestic containers and autoracks)
> before it continues west to Port Coquitlam Yard.

I know it drops and picks along the way to the coast, but what I don't know is if the power stays the same for the whole trip.  Today's 113 had 7020 as the third unit on the head end through Toronto, so if nothing changes power wise you may see it on Thursday.

Dwayne

Date: 10/18/20 14:23
Author: railsmith

Blackfoot Wrote:

> I know it drops and picks along the way to the
> coast, but what I don't know is if the power stays
> the same for the whole trip.  Today's 113 had
> 7020 as the third unit on the head end through
> Toronto, so if nothing changes power wise you may
> see it on Thursday.

If you give me the complete power allocation for the two 113s you have posted (today's with 7020 and yesterday's with 8873 leading), I'll report on what arrives on the coast later in the week.

Date: 10/20/20 13:39
Author: feclark

No weeds, no security! I love the location, very familiar from the late 70s.
Fred

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0687 seconds