Home Open Account Help 341 users online

Canadian Railroads > Hallowe'en in Nova Scotia

Date: 11/06/20 06:20
Hallowe'en in Nova Scotia
Author: cn6218

Well, the early part of the day, at least.

511, the weekday gypsum train between Wrights Cove in Dartmouth and the mine at East Milford, was winding its way along Three Mile Lake, nearing the end of the Dartmouth Sub at Windsor Jct. at 10:32.  120 had already left Truro, so the RTC lined 511 into Kinsac siding, 5 miles beyond the junction, to wait for them there.

As expected, about an hour later 120 showed up at Bedford Quarry, mile 13 of the Bedford Sub.  With no "dangerous" cars, 120 was still traveling at a pretty good speed through here, making my chances at another shot before they got to the yard slim.

However, as it turned out, the Birch Cove switch (about mile 6.5), the access into Rockingham Yard, was lined against them.  That required a full stop by the train, and gave me just enough time to get into position for one final set of shots as the train entered the yard lead.  Across the water in the background is the rear of the train, following the shoreline of Bedford Basin.

GTD

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0294 seconds