Home Open Account Help 350 users online

Canadian Railroads > Another Revelstoke question

Date: 11/12/20 13:10
Another Revelstoke question
Author: tomstp

West bound trains leaving Revelstoke always stop for 5 to 6 minutes along the straight track on the side of town. After that amount of time the start rolling again.  Why the stop?

Date: 11/12/20 13:14
Re: Another Revelstoke question
Author: The-late-EMD

Sound like a break pipe continuity test before descending a grade. We do the same test out here in California atop Donner pass.

Posted from Android

Date: 11/12/20 13:15
Author: goneon66

the e/b's i have seen stop for crew changes.  the w/b's i have seen blast right out of town.........

Date: 11/13/20 03:30
Author: JPB

Maybe westbounds stop to change the DPU crew?  ;-)

Date: 11/13/20 10:54
Author: LKeithR

JPB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe westbounds stop to change the DPU crew? 

All trains have only two crew members--an engineer and conductor--on the lead engine; all other
engines are unmanned.  On rare occasions you may see people in the second engine of a train
but they will be a deadhead crew on a repositioning move.  Almost all trains stop for a crew change
in Revelstoke.  There is the odd train that "runs through" but the vast majority do stop...

Keith Robertson
Langley, BC

Date: 11/13/20 11:49
Author: sarailfan

My thought is either they're waiting for an eastbound to arrive (single track across the river) or maybe the inbound crew is checking fuel levels on the remotes.

Posted from Android

Darren Boes
Lethbridge, AB
Southern Alberta Railfan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0319 seconds