Home Open Account Help 373 users online

Canadian Railroads > The Weekly Ocean Reminder

Date: 02/21/21 08:50
The Weekly Ocean Reminder
Author: cn6218

While the Ocean service remains suspended, I've been trying to post something every week or so from better days when I could count on it running, even if it was only 3 days a week.

From October 23, 2017, here is VIA 14 crossing Moirs Mill Pond in Bedford, NS with the Renaissance version of the train.

GTD

Date: 02/21/21 09:53
Re: The Weekly Ocean Reminder
Author: feclark

Beautiful image; neat how the lower edge of VIA's teal (or whatever the heck it is) band parallels the roof lines of the condos.
Fred

Date: 02/21/21 09:54
Author: cabsignaldrop

Looks great, Via's livery looks so good.

Posted from Android

Date: 02/23/21 04:47
Author: Train29

Meanwhile, all Amtrak LDT's have never stopped running, albiet it at reduced frequency excepting for occasional weather realted issues. 

Date: 02/23/21 06:54
Author: ghCBNS

Train29 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Meanwhile, all Amtrak LDT's have never stopped
> running, albiet it at reduced frequency excepting
> for occasional weather realted issues. 

Meanwhile....the NS-NB and NB-QC borders remain closed to all except essential travel so pretty hard for VIA to run the Ocean. There are 16 active Covid cases in NS today. 1 person is in the Hospital

Date: 02/24/21 12:28
Author: hogtrain

Any guesstimate as to when the Ocean might resume service?  I made a round trip last May and am looking forward to another trip this summer, I hope.
 Only 20 inches of snow in Little Rock last week!  Thought I was in Canada.

Date: 02/24/21 12:49
Author: ghCBNS

hogtrain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any guesstimate as to when the Ocean might resume
> service?  I made a round trip last May and am
> looking forward to another trip this summer, I
> hope.

The Ocean won't resume until the provincial borders reopen as I noted above.....and most here are happy to keep it that way.

> Only 20 inches of snow in Little Rock last
> week!  Thought I was in Canada.

There's been very little winter here this year. We got some snow last week (2nd storm this winter) buts it's 38F out there right now. Rain tomorrow, cold Friday and 40F this weekend....so all over the place.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0483 seconds