Home Open Account Help 294 users online

Canadian Railroads > Only the 'Atlantic' between Halifax and Montreal

Date: 03/30/21 07:01
Only the 'Atlantic' between Halifax and Montreal
Author: ghCBNS

From June 1985 to January 1990 there was only the 'Atlantic' between Halifax and Montreal. It took the route through Saint John NB and Maine USA. The 'Ocean' ran via Campbellton but terminated in Moncton and any passengers travelling to or from Halifax had to change trains in Moncton. Below is the 'Atlantic' at Truro in August 1987 with the new F40s teamed up with old B-units along with a Park Car bringing up the markers. At that time other exCP Budd Baggage, Diners and Sleepers would also be mixed into the otherwise Blue-fleet consists

Date: 03/30/21 07:02
Re: Only the 'Atlantic' between Halifax and Montreal
Author: ghCBNS

Passengers transferring to the Moncton-Montreal 'Ocean' from the 'Atlantic' (on the right) back in April 1986.

Date: 03/30/21 07:10
Re: Only the 'Atlantic' between Halifax and Montreal
Author: gaspeamtrak

I think you are just teasing me with these memories... Only joking :):):)
Hopefully the "Ocean" will start running again in September or October by my estimate.
I will be booking a round trip with my nephew and his son who just turned 12 years old and just watch him enjoy a train trip where you can enjoy business class, a sleeping car, and a dining car with sit down meals!!!
Can't wait ! Bring it on... :):):)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0469 seconds