Home Open Account Help 310 users online

Canadian Railroads > BC Rail Dash-9 Becoming a Maritime Fixture

Date: 03/31/21 07:40
BC Rail Dash-9 Becoming a Maritime Fixture
Author: cn6218

BC Rail Dash-9 4645 came east on train 306 back at the end of February, and after hanging around Moncton for a few days wound up in the Halifax area of Nova Scotia.  On March 3, 2021 511's crew started their day not in Dartmouth, but in Rockingham, taking CN 2259 and BCOL 4645 light engines to Windsor Jct., and then to Wrights Cove in Dartmouth to pick up their train.  In the first photo they're heading away from the camera, crossing Moirs Mill Pond in Bedford.

On the return trip from the mine, the engineer had all four ditch and cornering lights going as they passed the Fall River crossing, nearing the junction with the Dartmouth Sub.

At Wrights Cove, they backed the whole 60+ car train into the National Gypsum trackage, where the plant switcher would take care of dumping the cars.

GTD

Date: 03/31/21 07:50
Re: BC Rail Dash-9 Becoming a Maritime Fixture
Author: cn6218

A week later, the same pair was still working the gypsum train, this time captured at the first crossing in the village of Waverley, about 2 miles into the Dartmouth Sub.

The next day, I got them again in Wellington, about mile 23 of the Bedford Sub, again with a loaded gypsum train.

Finally, as I was starting my trip back home from Montreal last week, I ran into 120 crossing the fields just east of St-Edouard siding. There was 4645 again, in the second position of a 5-unit, conventional (no DPU) consist, hauling roughly 200 platforms of intermodal to Halifax.  The train would arrive about 09:30 the next morning, I would take about 10 hours longer.

GTD

Date: 03/31/21 09:37
Author: Train611

Nice photo work.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/31/21 09:46
Author: perklocal

Very nice work indeed !

Date: 04/01/21 04:52
Author: briancdn

Great photos!
Brian N.

Date: 04/01/21 07:26
Author: hoggerdoug

4645 make me homesick... Coast to coast.
Doug

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0371 seconds