Home Open Account Help 318 users online

Canadian Railroads > COVID Consist in Quebec

Date: 04/04/21 06:06
COVID Consist in Quebec
Author: cn6218

I didn't realize until today that this was the first passenger train I'd photographed in over a year.

VIA 35 was slowing at the end of the Drummondville Sub in Sainte-Rosalie, QC on March 21, 2021.  I was standing near the former Grand Trunk (SLRQ) RoW, and the train was moving right-to-left. 

The consist, with an F40 on each end, seems to be a result of the current slump in travel.  No doubt there is plenty of equipment to be able to do this, and maybe not so many hostlers at the end of the run to turn a train.  Normally there would be at least five weekday trains between Quebec and Montreal, and another on the days the Ocean runs, but now there are just two.

GTD

Date: 04/04/21 06:26
Re: COVID Consist in Quebec
Author: joemvcnj

All (the two) Quebec City trains run through to Ottawa, hence top and tail to save wying on Montreal. Most VIA Rail corridor consists were never long to begin with. It is possibly one of them continues as another train from there to Montreal, i.e. train 35 becomes 55, but I have no idea. 

I assume none of the Corridor REN train sets are running. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/21 06:26 by joemvcnj.

Date: 04/04/21 08:51
Author: WP17

I notice that each car in the consist sports a different VIA livery.  I wonder if this was pure coincidence or someone worked to make it so:-)

WP17

Date: 04/04/21 13:15
Author: feclark

What a beautifully-balanced photo, and the church spire is a nice element to post on Easter Sunday.
Fred

Date: 04/04/21 16:42
Author: cn6218

With an almost broadside of the train, it's tough to find any vertical elements to balance it.  The steeple helps in a small way.  Not a problem for your photo at Ashcroft. :-)

GTD

Date: 04/04/21 17:03
Author: Passfanatic

Great shot! It's nice that VIA Rail is doing this so that way, they are prepared for when those brand new Siemens push pull trainsets enter revenue service for the corridors.

Date: 04/04/21 19:44
Author: newtonville150

joemvcnj Wrote:

> I assume none of the Corridor REN train sets are
> running. 

There  have been no REN sets in the corridor for several years.

Date: 04/05/21 06:52
Author: joemvcnj

newtonville150 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> joemvcnj Wrote:
>
> > I assume none of the Corridor REN train sets
> are
> > running. 
>
> There  have been no REN sets in the corridor for
> several years.

I rode one to QC in 2018 and 2019, same train. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.042 seconds