Home Open Account Help 271 users online

Canadian Railroads > VIA/CN station in Amherst NS to be sold

Date: 04/08/21 06:16
VIA/CN station in Amherst NS to be sold
Author: newtonville150

Date: 04/08/21 06:58
Re: VIA/CN station in Amherst NS to be sold
Author: cn6218

Trivia Bit:  The reporter who wrote that story (2 years ago now) was once a VIA On Board Service Manager.  He left with the 1990 cuts and came to CBC.

John, have you seen anything happening around the station there yet?  It's a bad time to be opening a new restaurant, but I'm looking forward to the time I can spend the day chasing trains to New Brunswick, and then have supper there before heading for home.

GTD

Date: 04/08/21 11:20
Author: newtonville150

I was in Amherst this morning to get NS plates for my truck, and there was a fair amount of activity around the station, people, cars and trucks coming and going.

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I didn't check the date on the story before I posted...my excuse is someone posted this in the Springhill Matters Facebook group this morning.
I had some suspicions when I was at the station as the story mentioned a new furnace being installed. It's obviously already happened as there are plastic direct vent pipes under the eaves emitting vapour.

Here's a new article (only a year old) https://www.thechronicleherald.ca/news/provincial/bembridge-a-pro-at-turning-something-old-into-something-new-406271/

..John Reay
Springhill NS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/21 11:43 by newtonville150.

Date: 04/09/21 05:27
Author: GPutz

Here it was 9/6/82.  Gerry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0316 seconds