Home Open Account Help 281 users online

Canadian Railroads > On The Way Home From Montreal

Date: 05/15/21 07:25
On The Way Home From Montreal
Author: cn6218

Back in March, I had to make a trip to Montreal to assist in some family business.  Since I was facing a 2-week quarantine once I arrived back in Nova Scotia, I decided to try and make it worth my while, spending a few socially distant days in the Eastern Townships of Quebec before heading back home.  But on March 24 it was time to get on Autoroute 20 and return to the Maritimes.  Just before I reached the A20, I encountered train 120 (Toronto to Halifax) on the Drummondville Sub at Saint-Edouard (last picture of this post: BC Rail Dash-9 Becoming a Maritime Fixture (trainorders.com) ), and was able to more or less pace them from the highway going east.  At Saint-Leonard-d'Aston, I was far enough ahead to get this overcast shot as the train crossed the Nicolet River. From there is was pretty much neck and neck along the highway again until the train stopped in Joffre.

I was hoping to see 121 as I drove farther east, and even got off the A20 to take Rt. 132 as I got closer to La Pocatiere.  The westward signals at the west end of the siding there were dark, but I was barely on the road again when I heard the mile 38 detector go off, and got this broadside of the head end across a ploughed field emerging from its winter slumber.

Then it was back to the highway and a night's stay in Pohenagamook, where 120 caught up to me again, just before supper time.  No picture of that one, since it was dark by then.

GTD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/21 07:35 by cn6218.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0378 seconds