Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Canadian Railroads > Numberboard

Date: 07/28/21 15:37
Numberboard
Author: Charls

Hi all. I am trying to find out how the numberboards on CP Rail RS10 were held, yes I know that the rule is a rubber gasket but in looking at pic of 8560 (I have the nose of it in my garage and in the process to refurbisng it) there is no gasket showing, and no sign that it was neither painted as the rim is perfect in this pic, so anyone can help would appreciate as to fit new ones in my project
Thanks
Charls

Date: 07/28/21 16:49
Re: Numberboard
Author: BCR_766

I do believe they were a standard painted plexiglass but how they were afixed in the housing im not sure. Like the GMD style, they dont look to be held in with a standard window trim rubber. 
Corey

Date: 07/28/21 17:19
Author: webmaster

Ok, I have to ask what is the project?  Looks like something I would undertake.

Todd Clark
Canyon Country, CA
Trainorders.com

Date: 07/29/21 10:22
Author: eminence_grise

Looking at the numbers, I notice stencil like connectors between portions of the numbers, notably the eight. At different times, I have seen number boards broken down into components. I think the black portion of the numberboard is  heavy waterproofed cardboard, a single piece. No Canadian railways ever put train numbers in the indicator board. The Sydney and Louisburg did use steel extra flags on steam locomotives. They could have been acquired second hand with the steam locomotives they were attached to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/21 11:47 by eminence_grise.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.037 seconds