Home Open Account Help 256 users online

Canadian Railroads > VIA No. 2

Date: 10/11/21 20:27
VIA No. 2
Author: LKeithR

Just a  heads up.  VIA No. 2 eastbound passed through Glen Valley at about 7:00 PM tonight.
Two engines and 14 cars, two of which were domes.  Sure didn't seem to be many people on
the train, at least I didn't see many at any of the windows...

Keith Robertson
Langley, BC

Date: 10/11/21 21:30
Re: VIA No. 2
Author: railsmith

LKeithR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just a  heads up.  VIA No. 2 eastbound passed
> through Glen Valley at about 7:00 PM tonight.

Do you mean 5 p.m.?   7 p.m. would be very late . The asm.transitdocs tracker shows it stopping at Mission Harbour from 5:34 to 5:37.

Date: 10/12/21 00:27
Author: LKeithR

Yeah, you're right.  I was actually in Glen Valley birdwatching (and watching a few trains) when No. 2 went
by.  I was thinking I had seen it later when I was farther east at Bradner Rd. but I actually saw it when I was at
264th St. which, according to my notes, would have made the time right around 5:10 which jives with what
you said...

Keith Robertson
Langley, BC

Date: 10/12/21 07:26
Author: DrawingroomA

It seems that one of the regular three domes was not on this consist. In recent weeks the second Skyline car for sleeper passengers, adjacent of the diner, was restored.

Traditionally, this is the time of year when the long summer consists are gradually reduced for the winter season. Number 1 which departed Toronto on Sunday had eight sleepers. They were sold out from Winnipeg to Vancouver. From Jasper to Vancouver there were only two cabins for 1 (roomettes) and one double cabin for 2 available.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0292 seconds