Home Open Account Help 319 users online

Canadian Railroads > Are CP and CN reopened between Kamloops and Vancouver?

Date: 11/26/21 11:54
Are CP and CN reopened between Kamloops and Vancouver?
Author: funnelfan

There were some indications that CP may have reopened on Tuesday and CN was estimating Wednesday. Looking at the photos of the repair work at Tank Hill, it seems like very rushed repairs. They put down a 3' diameter culvert pipe and shoved rock and dirt into place for a fill. It didn't even appear that they compacted any dirt under the CP bridge abutments, just buried the pilings as is. Probably not going to stand up to a major storm. So my guess the plan is to get the track open for now, and rebuild the overpass next year?

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 11/26/21 12:58
Re: Are CP and CN reopened between Kamloops and Vancouver?
Author: dxm332

Yes cp opened Tuesday, cn Wednesday
Both railways need to make permanent repairs so there will many maintenance windows.
It is yet to be seen what effect the inbound storms will have on the repairs. Hopefully there will be no further damage
Appearently cp had to realignment one of thier shoe flys as the curve radius was a bit too tight and engines were derailing. Took a few hours but they worked through the issue.
Posted from Android

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/21 13:09 by dxm332.

Date: 11/26/21 13:04
Author: Passfanatic

That's great to hear. A friend and I are scheduled to take the westbound Canadian the end of March from Toronto to Vancouver. There is a possibility a few days after we arrive into Vancouver and he leaves, I plan to take the eastbound Canadian from Vancouver to either Edmonton or Winnepeg and then fly back home from one of the two cities.

Date: 11/26/21 15:04
Author: DrawingroomA

VIA is showing the Canadian operating from Toronto to Vancouver as of Sunday 5th December and from Vancouver to Toronto as of Monday 6th December. That doesn't mean it will happen, of course. Until yesterday Reservia was showing #1 departing Toronto for Vancouver on Sunday the 28th of this month but it has since been changed to show Winnipeg as the destination..

Date: 11/27/21 09:18
Author: Lkirts

Date: 12/02/21 12:50
Author: rschonfelder

Tank Hill has a shoe fly track around the original bridge.  I'm sure the culvert is temporary until they build and restore the original bridge.  I'm not sure of what is happening in the highway there but there is likely going to be something temporary.  I suspect that the highway will be shut until the bridge/road is fixed.  Right now the highway is closed at Spence's Bridge.

Rick

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0287 seconds