Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Canadian Railroads > Two More from Shubenacadie

Date: 11/30/21 07:06
Two More from Shubenacadie
Author: cn6218

Three days after the pictures taken in yesterday's post, I was back in Shubie, but this time at track level and half a mile or so closer to the center of town.  Z120 had no unusual power on November 20th, just GEs 3131 and 3802 up front, with ES44AC 2951 near the rear of the train as DPU.

Z120 had 446 axles, and only 3 of those cars were "junk" (not intermodal), a tank of propane and two covered hoppers of cement.  All three were likely going to wind up at Bedford Quarry, just west of Halifax, later in the week.

GTD

Date: 11/30/21 12:46
Re: Two More from Shubenacadie
Author: newtonville150

My take on this train at Thomson Station (MP 42.5 Springhill sub) plus a bonus L507 at the same location a bit later.

...John Reay
Springhill, NS

Date: 11/30/21 13:52
Author: cn6218

That fence next to the track  in John's picture adds some interest to the foreground. 

It looks like something is grazing that patch of grass.  Have you ever seen any livestock in that pasture?

GTD

Date: 12/01/21 06:09
Author: newtonville150

cn6218 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That fence next to the track  in John's picture
> adds some interest to the foreground. 
>
> It looks like something is grazing that patch of
> grass.  Have you ever seen any livestock in that
> pasture?
>
> GTD

Oh yes...most of the time there's 5 or 6 cows in there viewing me with suspicion.

..jr

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0442 seconds