Home Open Account Help 319 users online

Canadian Railroads > Arctic Gateway Group / Hudson Bay Railway contact

Date: 01/02/22 18:17
Arctic Gateway Group / Hudson Bay Railway contact
Author: stlrailfan

Hello
  I do realize this is probably a shot in the dark but worth at least asking on the Canadian board. Does anyone have a contact or suggestion for getting in contact with someone at this company , Artic Gateway Group. They are having some locomotives rebuilt at a shop near me and phone calls and emails have went unanswered so far/
                                                                                                                                 Thank You , Mark Ma

Date: 01/02/22 18:40
Re: Arctic Gateway Group / Hudson Bay Railway contact
Author: NiagaraMike

Artic Gateway is the group that owns Churchill port facilities.

The locos may be for Hudson Bay Railway or for switching Churchill

Others can chime in if they have other info!

Date: 01/02/22 18:52

Thank you Mike
 well who owns the RR , its obviously not Omni Trax anymore! I assume Arctic Gateway Group did , but I really have no clue. Trying to get permission to shoot these new units as they emerge from the shop.
                                                                                                                                            Mark

Date: 01/02/22 19:08
Author: PHall

I bet that Transport Canada knows who owns the Hudson Bay Rwy and also who is currently operating it too.

Date: 01/03/22 05:55
Author: railsmith

PHall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I bet that Transport Canada knows who owns the
> Hudson Bay Rwy and also who is currently operating
> it too.

Government of Canada announcement from 2018.  New owner of the railway, the port and the marine tank farm at Churchill is the Arctic Gateway Group Limited Partnership, comprising the Missinippi Rail Limited Partnership and Fairfax Financial Holdings & AGT Limited Partnership

https://www.canada.ca/en/western-economic-diversification/news/2018/09/arctic-gateway-group-purchases-omnitrax-companies-in-northern-manitoba.html

EDITED TO UPDATE:
In March 2021, Fairfax and AGT transerred their 50% share to the OneNorthCommunities, a consortium of indigenous and northern communities. OneNorth is now the full owner.
http://arcticgateway.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/AGG-transition-to-OneNorth-Press-Release-Final.pdf

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/22 15:59 by railsmith.

Date: 01/03/22 18:45

Rail Smith,
   Thank you, Mark

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0423 seconds