Home Open Account Help 354 users online

Canadian Railroads > No 2

Date: 04/30/22 07:44
No 2
Author: exrtc

I see No 2 departed Vancouver yesterday.  Is the Canadian  twice weekly now,  or is this a deadhead move?  Via's published schedule still only shows the Monday departure.

Chris Rye

Date: 04/30/22 14:13
Re: No 2
Author: DrawingroomA

exrtc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I see No 2 departed Vancouver yesterday.  Is the
> Canadian  twice weekly now,  or is this a
> deadhead move?  Via's published schedule still
> only shows the Monday departure.
>
> Chris Rye

This is the first of the second weekly trains. It will return to Vancouver from Toronto on Wed. Sadly, VIA does not care to provide any decent schedules any more. Their Reservia booking site, fortunately,  is an accurate source of information about available trains.

I have seen the consist posted on another discussion site. I won't be able to link that, but that #2 was the first train of the season to have two diners with Sleeper Class Skyline cars adjacent to them. There were also three Prestige sleepers.  The forward of the two diners was Annapolis, which I saw in Vancouver last week. At Matapedia, this diner was added to the Ocean that I was on in early December.

Date: 04/30/22 15:11
Re: No 2
Author: Train29

Does anyone here know when the refurbished diners with the rumored booth seating will be put into service? Lets hope they at least keep the etched glass. The chair seating makes it so much easier to get in and out if the person next to the window want's to leave prior to the person next to them. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0332 seconds