Home Open Account Help 273 users online

Canadian Railroads > Manitoba Flood Detours?

Date: 05/05/22 21:50
Manitoba Flood Detours?
Author: Magellan13

On 26 April I travelled north along Hwy 75 from the border to Emerson, and all lines were open.  Even passed a southbound on CN Letellier Sub (with a trailing "Whiteface" Burlington Northern engine in Cascade Green!).   However, a few days later as the waters in the Red and Morris rivers rose, they closed the north and south dikes around the town of Morris, severing both the CN Letellier Sub and CP La Riviere Sub at that point.  I was back down there this evening, and the dikes remain closed.

While CP La Riviere Sub south of Morris and the Boundary Trail Railway are isolated until the waters recede, does anyone know if CN and BNSF are running detours to Emerson/Noyes via CP, or the long way around via Fort Frances and Duluth?

Magellan

P.S. Also, first time I had noticed the old-time semaphore on the remaining stub of the old CN Miami Spur at Morris.  I can't imagine there are too many of those left in Canada?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0271 seconds