Home Open Account Help 240 users online

Canadian Railroads > A Matched Pair

Date: 05/06/22 10:29
A Matched Pair
Author: cn6218

Almost 20 years ago, May 27, 2002, a pair of CN C44-9WLs were starting away from Rockingham on the north track at Birch Cove with train 137.  With only 23 of this model on the roster, finding a pair on a train was something that didn't happen often, particularly 7 years after they had been delivered from GE.  137 was the afternoon intermodal out of Halifax, but usually was filled out with junk cars that would be dropped in Moncton.  They would usually be leaving town as VIA 14 was arriving on the south track.

GTD

Date: 05/06/22 23:05
Re: A Matched Pair
Author: feclark

I don't recall ever seeing this perspective in any of your posts over several years; I like it. Is this angle long gone because of trees growing up?
Fred

Date: 05/07/22 08:59
Re: A Matched Pair
Author: cn6218

I've used this view on Flickr before, maybe not here.

Sadly, it is now gone.  That slope is covered in pine trees and Japanese Knotwood.  For a little while it was improved from what is shown here.  CN took out the AEI scanner and bungalow, and a hurricane blew down the tree next to it, but 20 years of weed growth has been tough.

GTD

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0325 seconds