Home Open Account Help 220 users online

Canadian Railroads > Ocean Reflection

Date: 05/13/22 17:48
Ocean Reflection
Author: cn6218

The eastbound Ocean was doing pretty well yesterday, until they slowed down to about 15 mph somewhere around Enfield, NS.  I'm not sure what the problem was, but I'm guessing it was related to signals, since the speed picked up again to 40 mph once they passed the approach to Kinsac, at mile 23 of the Bedford Sub.

About 12 minutes after that, they were gliding past me near the Bedford Quarry, for this photo and video.

GTD

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/13/22 19:42
Re: Ocean Reflection
Author: refarkas

Stunning photo!
Bob

Date: 05/14/22 09:15
Author: gaspeamtrak

That was the train that left Montreal on Wednesday May 11 correct ?
I was in the sleeper closest to the dining car. :) 
That was the first time I have ever been in a Renaissance sleeping car!!!
The room was good. The bed wasn't that big at all. I'm 6'6" and 290 lbs... :):):)
In the end I managed to figure out how to get comfortable and had a good 7-8 hours sleep!!! :):):)
The ride as I had heard was excellent...
The food, crew were excellent.:):):)
I really missed the Park Car!!! 
I hope they can get a Skyline car in the consist some how???
Thank you...

Date: 05/14/22 09:30
Author: newtonville150

Here she is passing Oxford Jct....

...John Reay
Springhill NS

Date: 05/14/22 09:43
Author: jp1822

I feel the Ocean - the main and lone Maritime LD train - may be orphaned once again in the system. Meaning, VIA wants to retire the Renaissance equipment sooner than later - due to corrosion issues. Yet there are no readily available replacements for the equipment, unless VIA pulls [back] cars from the Canadian. When the Ocean turned Renaissance it was able to release its ex-CP stainless steel Budd fleet to augment the Canadian. The giveback may prove a bit hard now though. New corridor generation cars are coming online, but doesn't appear there's any clear path of "replacement" equipment on deck for the Ocean. So perhaps the Renaissance cars will soldier on for a bit longer out here. If Amtrak ever get around to placing a new LD train consist order, perhaps VIA tags along. But all seem years out! 

A Skyline Car (with reversible seats) had been talked about for the Ocean's unique consist and maneuver right now, Time will tell. It definitely needs a better "lounge" car for sleeper class. The Renaissance "Service Cars" are more to be desired. 

Date: 05/14/22 16:25
Author: cn6218

Yes, it's the train that left Montreal on May 11th.

It will be leaving Halifax tomorrow, the 15th, and arriving in Montreal on the 16th.

GTD

Date: 05/14/22 17:07
Author: feclark

A very nice photo, and fortunate the bare trees separate the crane from the consist.
Fred

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0343 seconds