Home Open Account Help 259 users online

Canadian Railroads > Some CP From Keith in Calgary's West End

Date: 08/27/22 20:13
Some CP From Keith in Calgary's West End
Author: feclark

A few weeks ago we visited friends and relatives in Calgary, and I had a couple of spare hours on Saturday morning, August 13. I went to the Bowness area, essentially the east end of Keith Yard, in NW Calgary. Fortunately a couple of EB stack trains showed up in my time window, well-lit.
1. At MP 8, just east of Keith Yard, CP 8723 and CN 3817 rolled through at 1033, assisted by DPUs CP 8103 (mid-train), and pusher CP 7056. I have no idea of the train number (CP's dirty little radio secret), but it was mostly 40' containers, many of them Hapag-Lloyd and Yang Ming. Can anyone identify this train? Thanks.
2. I set up in a parking lot by Stoney Trail, and hoofed it up onto the pedestrian bridge on its west side when the next train announced itself at Keith West. This is almost Keith East; I liked the old mileboard 9, to go along with the newer milepost. This was at 1133, led by CP 8051 and CN 3054, with DPUs CP 8786 mid-train, and CP 8557 pushing. Again I don't know the train number; it was a mix of international and domestic 53' containers. Thanks.
Fred

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/22 20:14 by feclark.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0267 seconds