Home Open Account Help 306 users online

Canadian Railroads > ViaRail Trains #1 and #2

Date: 09/12/22 06:18
ViaRail Trains #1 and #2
Author: whitefish

What days does #2 run from Vancouver and #1 run from Toronto?
Thanks

Date: 09/12/22 06:38
Re: ViaRail Trains #1 and #2
Author: exrtc

1 leaves Toronto Wednesday and Sunday.  2 leaves Vancouver Monday and Friday.

Chris Rye

Date: 09/12/22 10:46
Author: P

I still can't believe they only operate 2 days a week.

Posted from Android

Date: 09/12/22 13:59
Author: exrtc

It was three, then two and a half, now two.  The writing is on the wall.  Death by a thousand cuts.

Chris Rye

Date: 09/13/22 05:17
Author: DrawingroomA

During the worst part of the pandemic there was no Canadian. Then there was once a week service only between Vancouver and Winnipeg. It has gradually restored to pre-pandemic levels. Of course, twice a week is not enough, but it is an excellent train. Since early May the consist has been 21 cars which includes two dining cars, nine Manor-series sleepers, two Prestige sleepers and a total of four domes. Most of the summer season has been sold out in cabins, and even berths and coach seats on many days.  It is still  a busy train.

Date: 09/13/22 19:45
Author: viatrainrider

I don't believe death by a thousand cuts.  The last time I has in WPG I was told by good authority that it took a huge amount of work by available staff to get the second train going again.  Just getting staff trained for the second train of up to 21 or so cars was a big project.  Ordering a big amount of additional food and beverages to stock two diners, three Skylines, and a Park car at Toronto, Winnipeg, and Vancouver involves detail work along with huge carts of linens.  The second train was a big additional operation involving many people.  Not to mention getting new cooperation from CN!!  We will see what happens next year.
I know of people who worked hard to get the second train up and running.  No thousand cuts here but hard work by some decicated VIA people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/22 19:51 by viatrainrider.

Date: 09/15/22 04:37
Author: march_hare

Eagerly anticipating my third and fourth rides on this train, coming up in another 6 weeks. 

Date: 09/15/22 08:32
Author: viatrainrider

Have a great trip!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0297 seconds