Home Open Account Help 351 users online

Canadian Railroads > MLW Monday

Date: 11/14/22 06:10
MLW Monday
Author: hoggerdoug

BCOL 617 with fresh paint March 1985, northbound on the "WP" switcher job..
Two images taken near Dunkley BC, we were pumping air on our train after switching the large sawmill at Dunkley. We would eventually head north to Prince George.
third image taken earlier in the day as we waited on a meet in the siding at Greening.  The gentleman standing in front of the loco was Mervyn Peever, head-end brakeman with me that day.  8 or so years after this image was taken, Mervyn received a "Award of Valour" for saving a young girl laying on the railway tracks.October 20, 1993. As the train slowed, Mervyn jumped off the moving locomotive and scopped the young girl off the tracks saving her life. Mervyn was a quiet religious man, God certainly was with Merv and the young girl that day.
Article in the Caiboo newsletter about the incident.
http://www.cwrailway.ca/sites/default/files/Cariboo/Cariboo%20-%20Issue%2015.pdf

Doug

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/22 06:18 by hoggerdoug.

Date: 11/14/22 09:13
Re: MLW Monday
Author: BoostedFridge

Nice series and narrative.  That curve at the sawmill in #1 sure looked more remote in 1985!

Date: 11/15/22 22:16
Author: feclark

I don't think I've seen a shot of a slug in a BCR road consist before. Was this common, rare, whatever?
Fred

Date: 11/16/22 03:24
Author: hoggerdoug

Most likely the trailing 608 & slug was yard power from Williams Lake going to Prince George for servicing and or inspection etc. The slug would be "dead" on the trip.
Doug

feclark Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't think I've seen a shot of a slug in a BCR
> road consist before. Was this common, rare,
> whatever?
> Fred

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.037 seconds