Home Open Account Help 265 users online

Canadian Railroads > GO at John Street Tower

Date: 11/16/22 16:09
GO at John Street Tower
Author: Guitartrain

GO Transit GP40-2W-707 is on a W/B commuter train out of Union Station. Its passing Toronto Terminal Railways John Street Tower. 11:45AM on 8/16/82 in Toronto, ON.

Date: 11/16/22 20:03
Re: GO at John Street Tower
Author: refarkas

Super scene.
Bob

Date: 11/27/22 17:44
Re: GO at John Street Tower
Author: 1218fantrip

That's a really cool photo.  I am a Chicago area native and I've only been to Toronto twice: (a) once in the summer of 1982 - when this picture was taken; and (b) changing planes at Pearson Int'l on the way to Lisbon Portugal in the summer of 2016. 

When I was a young pre-teenager in Toronto in the summer of 1982 (on a family vacation) - I remember hanging out by the west approach to Tornoto Union Station (near CN Tower) and seeing all of the VIA trains (including those hauled by FPA-4's - which we didn't see in Chicago) and GO Transit commuter trains (as pictured).  This photo brings back lots of great memories of CN/CP/Via/GO Transit trains - so thanks for sharing!

On a side note - while one never saw VIA/GO Transit trains in Chicago (obviously) and while CN power was rare in Chicago (unless maybe coming through on the GTW or on other occasional horsepower/hour credits on the other railroads running through Chicago), I do fondly remember CP M630's/C630's/M636's coming up the IHB into Bensenville Yard and being parked at the old MILW Bensenville Yard engine house waiting to go back east on CP intermodals...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0402 seconds