Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Canadian Railroads > The late, great Canadian, Part 3: Do late trains get later?

Date: 11/18/22 16:00
The late, great Canadian, Part 3: Do late trains get later?
Author: march_hare

1 and 2). ...well it certainly appeared that we would follow the old adage that late trains get later. Morning found us at Hornepayne, Ontario in light, sloppy snow, watching an opposing freight get recrewed.  Throughout the day, we had lots of eastbound meets, and in the majority of them, we held for the freight trains, not the other way around. At one point, we were a whisker over 8 hours off schedule. 

Ever the optimist, I noted to myself that if we didn't lose any additional time, we would end up at the west end of our journey passing through Thompson River Canyon in daylight.  That would be a first for me. 

Date: 11/18/22 16:05
Re: The late, great Canadian, Part 3: Do late trains get later?
Author: march_hare

On board, the mood among passengers was acceptance. After all, there are so many cool things to look at on board. 

Date: 11/18/22 16:45
Author: viatrainrider

In this case your Train 1 just might get to Vancouver close to on time account pad in the schedule.

Date: 11/19/22 05:43
Author: DrawingroomA

I was on #2 which met this eight-hour late #1 in northern Ontario. I don't recall where the meet was but maybe march_hare does 

Date: 11/19/22 08:58
Author: railsmith

DrawingroomA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was on #2 which met this eight-hour late #1 in
> northern Ontario. I don't recall where the meet
> was but maybe march_hare does 

No. 1 was at Longlac at 13:52 and Armstrong at 16:57. Your train was at Armstrong at 12:20 and Hornepayne at 17:30. So presumably the meet was between Longlac and Armstrong.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0353 seconds