Home Open Account Help 294 users online

Canadian Railroads > AMRoad movie star.

Date: 11/21/22 17:04
AMRoad movie star.
Author: Guitartrain

CP Rail FP7A-4070 is leading an E/B early morning commuter train. Do you recognize this engine? Hint: Think AMRoad movie star.8:26AM on 8-19-82 in Ile Perrot, QC.

Date: 11/21/22 17:11
Re: AMRoad movie star.
Author: joemvcnj

Those Hawker-Siddeley (?) gallery cars are still rotting away near Montreal ?

Date: 11/21/22 18:42
Author: cvrrr

Silver Streak the movie with Gene Wilder.
Filmed in and around Calgary, Alberta with the area substituting for Arizona., and with Union Station in Toronto substituting for a station in Chicago. Great movie!!
Have to see it again sometime.

cvrrr

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/21/22 19:33
Author: P

Every time I take my son to Entertrainment Junction, he plays the crash scene from Silver Streak on the video portion of the museum.

Posted from Android

Date: 11/22/22 05:29
Author: DrawingroomA

joemvcnj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Those Hawker-Siddeley (?) gallery cars are still
> rotting away near Montreal ?

They were built by Canadian Vickers Ltd.  I don't know if they are still there in Montreal, but until recently they were.  Any updates from people in the Montreal area are appreciated. 

Date: 11/22/22 05:50
Author: SCAX3401

Just watched Silver Streak for the first time in several years.  Great movie.  What utlimately happened to good old 4070?  I heard the second unit in the Silver Streak consist was scrapped many years ago.

Date: 11/22/22 08:58
Author: DrawingroomA

By coincidence I was at Toronto Union whilst one of the crowd scenes was being filmed in the Great Hall. Two of the CPR ticket agents told me they had been asked to recoil in horror when the train supposedly ploughed through the wall and pillars. I never did see the CPR staff in the movie.  For a few months after filming in Toronto, one of the signs that had directed people to the Royal York Hotel and was covered with a fictional hotel name was still there.

Date: 11/22/22 13:19
Author: feclark

Beautiful shot!
Fred

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0351 seconds