Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Canadian Railroads > Northlander at Bathurst Street

Date: 11/23/22 16:16
Northlander at Bathurst Street
Author: Guitartrain

Lots to see here. Looking east from the Bathurst Street overpass, Ontario Northland FP7A-1987 is on the N/B "Northlander". CP Rail SW1200RS-8154 (with multi-mark) is switching and a horde of GO Transit equipment is on the left. 9:30AM on 12-23-80 in Toronto, ON.

Date: 11/23/22 17:17
Re: Northlander at Bathurst Street
Author: renf

Is there any discussion of restoring the Northlander service? 

Date: 11/23/22 18:29
Author: NiagaraMike

Restoration is being explored!

Date: 11/23/22 18:38
Author: TCnR

Was this consist used as a push / pull operation? The tail car has coach seats and a cab.
The tail car and a coach is stored in North Bay, I was able to get a few photos almost 10 years ago.
t4p.

Date: 11/23/22 18:38
Author: DrawingroomA

Two elections ago the current government promised the Northlander would be restored "before the end of our first mandate."  It was not.

During the more recent election campaign the same government made another promise to restore service incrementally, namely not daily at first and not on the entire route which may terminate in Timmins (if tracks are relaid) as opposed to Cochrane. As the cliché goes: I'm not holding my breath.

Date: 11/23/22 22:07
Author: feclark

Not in my experience (1977-78). It ran with the power on the head end, using the Bala and Newmarket Subs as the arms on the letter U. It came south on one, went through Union Station, then north on the other.
Fred

Date: 11/24/22 05:33
Author: DrawingroomA

A conductor on one of my many trips on this train said CN would not permit operation in the push mode. On one trip the conductor invited my son and me to sit in the cab of the last car, giving us a Park-car type of view..

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0304 seconds