Home Open Account Help 296 users online

Canadian Railroads > Wisconsin Central Heritage Unit Returns to Nova Scotia

Date: 05/16/23 14:41
Wisconsin Central Heritage Unit Returns to Nova Scotia
Author: cn6218

After being away for a year, the WC-painted ET44AC made a return visit to Nova Scotia on May 3rd.  Unfortunately the weather was only marginally better this time (snowing last time) , but I did get out for a few shots that morning.

CN train Z120 was rounding the big curve near mile 9 in Bedford at 11:05, and then 10 minutes later was moving along the Transfer Track at mile 7, on the approach to Rockingham Yard.

GTD

Date: 05/16/23 16:55
Re: Wisconsin Central Heritage Unit Returns to Nova Scotia
Author: NiagaraMike

Very nice !

Date: 05/16/23 17:09
Author: bogieman

That first picture has me confused - does the sign on Munchies say "exotic snacks" or "erotic snacks"? Great picture by the way. Is that anywhere near Oak Island - last episode of the season starts in bit, my favorite show. Amazing the artifacts they are finding there, hope they finally find some treasure!

Dave

Date: 05/17/23 03:03
Author: newtonville150

Here are my shots at Salt Springs (MP 53 Springhill sub) on the same dull cloudy morning.
May 3rd @ 08:25, CN Z120 by Salt Springs, with WC heritage CN 3069 leading CN 2830
+ DP CN 2829 on the tail end facing backwards, 478 axles.
Missed the focus point on my shots. Lens was wide open so maybe the shallow DOF bit me.
Tried my best to fix things in GIMP.

...John Reay
Springhill NS

Date: 05/17/23 11:12
Author: cn6218

bogieman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That first picture has me confused - does the sign
> on Munchies say "exotic snacks" or "erotic
> snacks"? 

"Exotic" snacks.  I think they specialize in snacks from the UK and Asia.

As the name "Munchies" might imply, they are also going after the "alternate reality" crowd, and have added "glassware" to their products.  Somebody doesn't seem too happy about that, since they have been broken into twice and fire bombed once, although with relatively little damage.

This location has been a favourite of photographers for a long time.  In the 1960s this was a BA gas station, and had a huge neon sign near the tracks which figured prominently in many photos.  More recently it was a Gulf, then Ultramar, and has been a farmers' market before getting into the hallucinogen accessories business.

It's nowhere near Oak Island.  That's down the South Shore towards Lunenburg.  No tracks down there any longer, except for the Halifax & South Western Railway museum.

GTD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/23 18:07 by cn6218.

Date: 05/17/23 12:40
Author: bogieman

Thanks for the confirmation and the story of the place.

Date: 05/18/23 16:30
Author: ns1000

I like Pic 3!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0625 seconds