Home Open Account Help 266 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Finland: 70% Satisfied Customers for VR

Date: 11/23/12 03:53
Finland: 70% Satisfied Customers for VR
Author: McKey

Another strange media happening this week was the media release by VR claiming they have 70% satisfied customers. Their media stories did this as if it was an event of special pride...

Many of us might remember the Macintosh add from the early 1990s: "Apple Macintosh, 97,6% satisfied users". The organization I work for sees satisfaction level very close to that of Mac for its best run services. Also, many of us know that dividing customers satisfaction this way to black and white seems to create somewhat better results than using the whole spectrum of colors or even 4 - 5 colors.

So of course there was a lot of sarcastic writing about this happening, some media who got the clue even questioning seriously the value of the press release. And since 70% is an awfully poor record in customer service, wake up at VR and start fixing things! Maybe your customers will eventually value your work, something they really don't do yet today.

Date: 11/23/12 06:58
Re: Finland: 70% Satisfied Customers for VR
Author: chs7-321

McKey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
And since 70% is an awfully poor record
> in customer service, wake up at VR and start
> fixing things! Maybe your customers will
> eventually value your work, something they really
> don't do yet today.

Well, how do other large rail passenger operators do in comparison? When you're in the business of transportation of the masses of the homo sapien species, I think your customer service satisfaction rating will be capped by definition! ;)

Date: 11/23/12 09:30

I doubt they are doing this badly, and here of course VR is what economics call "practical monopoly" meaning an organization that is powerful enough to keep the competition out of market. Which means there is nothing to compare locally with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/12 09:31 by McKey.

Date: 11/23/12 12:10
Author: lynnpowell

I take it that your photo refers to the "snowjob" that VR has planted on the riding public with their press release! My employer demands that 95% of our customer's orders be shipped in less than 24-hr.....if it falls below, a big supervisors meeting is called and "you've got 'splainin' to do, Lucy!"

Date: 11/23/12 14:28
Author: Focalplane

Hilarious! And to add to the point, a day after being told by France Telecom that my new address doesn't exist I get a "satisfaction questionnaire". Hmm, how to answer that one!

Date: 11/23/12 21:44

I enquired similarly from IKEA (the Swedish giant) about the the power (in A) about the transformer, the knowledge I need to know. It is not written on the transformer and it is needed to chain the right amount of LED lights. TWICE they would not know and answered something else instead. And both times they made a survey how the customer request was handled and if I could recommend them... quite crushing "quality service" for this big player too... of course it is better to ask even if the customer expectations are met than leave without the knowledge.

Well, at least they don't claim they are doing well according to customers when in fact they are not.

Sorry, this was not trains, except that the lights are behind my back when I do training.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0462 seconds