Home Open Account Help 238 users online

European Railroad Discussion > German Axe Attack


Date: 03/10/17 13:26
German Axe Attack
Author: andersonb109

There was an axe attack at the Dusseldorf Hauptbahnhof today. Several injured according to media reports. Terrorism isn't suspected but given the influx of migrants into Germany and other recent attacks on passenger trains,  I wouldn't be surprised of anything at this point. 



Date: 03/10/17 14:10
Re: German Axe Attack
Author: tq-07fan

Here is a link to actually two stories that happened today in Düsseldorf.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/09/several-injured-axe-attack-dusseldorf-train-station/

Jim



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/17 14:13 by tq-07fan.



Date: 03/11/17 09:38
Re: German Axe Attack
Author: darkcloud

 



Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/17 15:03 by darkcloud.



Date: 03/11/17 09:48
Re: German Axe Attack
Author: BobB

darkcloud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So a copycat attack on an 80 year old man hours
> after the train station attack:
>
> >>>Hours before he was attacked, a 36-year-old
> man from Kosovo wounded nine passengers with an
> axe at Dusseldorf train station before trying to
> escape by jumping from a bridge onto a street,
> where he was arrested.Prosecutors said the man,
> named locally as Fatmir H, came to Germany in 2009
> and was granted temporary residency for
> humanitarian reasons.<<<
>
>
> The only reason 'Terrorism isn't suspected' is
> because the German government has pressured their
> media to ignore or downplay crimes by immigrants
> of a certain religious background.  The motive in
> both attacks and the plot to attack the German
> mall that authorities closed today is quite
> obvious.

An immigrant can commit a crime just the same as a native; terrorism involves at least some ideological purpose.  Until we know more that's all we can say about this incident.



Date: 03/11/17 11:12
Re: German Axe Attack
Author: pennengineer

darkcloud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The only reason 'Terrorism isn't suspected' is
> because the German government has pressured their
> media to ignore or downplay crimes by immigrants
> of a certain religious background.  The motive in
> both attacks and the plot to attack the German
> mall that authorities closed today is quite
> obvious.

Nonsense. A further quote from the above-linked Telegraph article: 'Police refused to refer to either incident as being a "terrorist attack" or a "rampage," adding that in both cases Islamic extremism is not suspected as a motive.'

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Greetings from Frankfurt am Main.



Date: 03/11/17 11:42
Re: German Axe Attack
Author: 86235

Sorry, but what has this story to with railways? Crimes by their very nature are random acts, and can occur anywhere, why is this worthy of a post, as far as one can work out the railway had nothing to do with it.



Date: 03/11/17 12:01
Re: German Axe Attack
Author: TAW

86235 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry, but what has this story to with railways?

Dusseldorf Hauptbahnhof?


TAW



Date: 03/12/17 01:53
Re: German Axe Attack
Author: spflow

TAW Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 86235 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Sorry, but what has this story to with
> railways?
>
> Dusseldorf Hauptbahnhof?
>
>
> TAW

And your point is?

All human life occurs at main rail stations - nothing special about them!



Date: 03/12/17 07:40
Re: German Axe Attack
Author: TAW

spflow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TAW Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > 86235 Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Sorry, but what has this story to with
> > railways?
> >
> > Dusseldorf Hauptbahnhof?
> >
> >
> > TAW
>
> And your point is?

Answers the question directly.

>
> All human life occurs at main rail stations -
> nothing special about them!

True...and aboard trains, and at level crossings....

Some of the discussion content may be speculative, irrelevant or outside of of the scope of railway discussion. I didn't address that matter.  However, it was an incident involving a railway just as are drunk passengers being thrown off of a train or individuals and vehicles being run over by a train Both topics generate substantial speculation and discussion that is irrelevant or outside the scope of railways, often without challenge.


TAW



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0609 seconds