Home Open Account Help 365 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Rhaetischebahn Train Movement Charts

Date: 05/10/17 11:40
Rhaetischebahn Train Movement Charts
Author: birdman

On past visits to Switzerland, I was able to go to the station in Chur and ask for charts that showed all of the scheduled train movements on the Rhaetischebahn. The charts had angled lines that showed the time and points of origin and time and points of termination for every train including freight trains. Upon examination of the charts one could also determine where meets would occur and what time trains would reach intermediate stations. Are those charts still available for the asking? What is the name in German for the charts? I know that charts that show locomotive assignments for various lines are available for download on the internet but they are not the charts in which I am interested.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/17 12:27 by birdman.

Date: 05/10/17 12:01
Re: Rhaetischebahn Train Movement Charts
Author: pennengineer

birdman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On past visits to Switzerland, I was able to go to
> the station in Chur and ask for charts that showed
> all of the scheduled train movements on the
> Rhaeischebahn. The charts had angled lines that
> showed the time and points of origin and time and
> points of termination for every train including
> freight trains. Upon examination of the charts
> one could also determine where meets would occur
> and what time trains would reach intermediate
> stations. Are those charts still available for
> the asking? What is the name in German for the
> charts? I know that charts that show locomotive
> assignments for various lines are available for
> download on the internet but they are not the
> charts in which I am interested.

What you are looking for is a graphical timetable, or "Bildfahrplan" in German (literally, "picture timetable"). It is a standard element of service planning. Whether the RhB still makes theirs available to the public, I do not know.

Date: 05/10/17 17:37
Author: SOO6617

The Swiss refer to it as a "Grafische Fahrpläne" it is available on the BAV (Bundesamt fur Verkehr - Federal Dept of Transport) website

http://www.fahrplanfelder.ch/de/archiv/grafische-fahrplaene.html

For example the RhB route between Chur and St.Moritz/Pontresina is;

http://www.fahrplanfelder.ch/fileadmin/fap_pdf_graphic_tt/2017/GRhB5S.pdf

In looking at the links don't be put off by the current timetables being filed under "2016" as they went into effect in December 2016 and the next major change won't happen until December 2017.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/17 18:43 by SOO6617.

Date: 05/11/17 05:25

That is exactly what I am looking for. Thank you very much.

Date: 05/14/17 01:05
Author: Stephenloco

Very interesting, gentlemen!

Do you have a link to the locomotive assignment charts you mentioned? Thanks

Date: 05/14/17 19:55
Author: SOO6617

Regarding Swiss Locomotive assignments, for members of the SwissRail yahoogroup, a member compiles a listing of all the passenger turns for locomotive hauled passenger trains on all Swiss Railways(some are all EMU/DMU and not covered). To be able to access this file you have to join the group and be accepted(not hard to do).

As an example of one turn; Turn 611.1 is assigned a SBB Passenger Re420 its first train of the day is IC 471 Departing Basel at 7:41 and arriving at Zürich 9:05, next it works IC 1966 back to Basel, followed by leading a second Re420 back to Zürich on IC 775, then singly to Luzern on train IC 2229 where it ends its day. The next day of the week that locomotive will operate diagram 611.2 beginning from Luzern. Locomotives do break down and substitutions will happen. SBB has spare locomotives at strategic locations and will borrow SBB Cargo locomotives if necessary.

In addition to the above information the RhB puts out a flyer each morning listing the actual locomotives by number assigned to these turns, these have been available at Filisur station, get there fairly early.

Date: 05/18/17 11:48

Stephenloco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very interesting, gentlemen!
>
> Do you have a link to the locomotive assignment
> charts you mentioned? Thanks

Here's the link to the locomotive allocations on the Swiss Rhaetische Bahn.

https://www.rhb.ch/en/company/treasure-trove-for-railway-fans/locomotive-allocations

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0647 seconds