Home Open Account Help 312 users online

European Railroad Discussion > What Did I Photograph?

Date: 05/11/17 18:37
What Did I Photograph?
Author: wheelnrail

Can those familiar with DB trains shed some light on what i saw? I captured this train (lucky enough this was the first train i caught) at Berlin Hauptbahnhof while backpacking in 2015. By the way, the station is a modern masterpiece!

Thank you !

Date: 05/11/17 20:45
Re: What Did I Photograph?
Author: andersonb109

It looks like a Czech Intercity train with a DB (German) loco. I took the same from Berlin to Prague last month. Locos were changed to Czech power at or near the boarder.

Date: 05/11/17 20:48
Author: Krokodil

Looks like a charter train using coaches of the original Intercity train cream and burgundy 1st class livery and an electric in its original mid- 1970ies blue and ivory livery, maybe a railfan charter.

Thomas Eckhardt
Hurricane UT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/17 21:02 by Krokodil.

Date: 05/11/17 22:00
Author: Bunny218

For sure what was said above, some kind of special train using coaches of the original Trans Europe Express service in cream and burgundy and a 111 class e-lok in the mid- 1970's blue and cream scheme. Cannot completely make out the sign in the cab window but can read "foundation", so no doubt some special for some organization.

Date: 05/12/17 08:06
Author: boejoe

I see a Bombardier advertisement in the structure above the train. (reversed lettering)

Date: 05/12/17 14:46
Author: Hartington

The sign in the window refers to the DB Foundation which seems to do all sorts of things including running trips using preserved locos. I searched for "DB Stiftung 111 001-4" and the first hit is a picture of the same train/date.

Date: 05/19/17 20:39
Author: joemagruder

I go for a special operation. Notice the two photographers on the other platform and the one on this platform.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.029 seconds