Home Open Account Help 313 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Doubleheaded Steam - Decapods over the Gotthard

Date: 06/12/17 22:52
Doubleheaded Steam - Decapods over the Gotthard
Author: SOO6617

On October 21st and October 22nd, 2017 SBB Historic will be operating a doubleheaded excursion train over the original Gotthard route utilizing the two operable Class C 5/6 Decapods from Erstfeld to Bellinzona. Further information is available here;

http://www.sbbhistoric.ch/veranstaltungen-fahrten/kalender/sbb-historic-events/2017-10-21-c-5-6-doppeltraktion-am-gotthard.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/17 22:53 by SOO6617.

Date: 06/13/17 03:03
Re: Doubleheaded Steam - Decapods over the Gotthard
Author: andersonb109

It looks like tickets aren't available on line. And I didn't see a timetable on the notice. Translation is interesting. It says "drive the dining car" of course meaning "ride."

Date: 06/13/17 19:34
Re: Doubleheaded Steam - Decapods over the Gotthard
Author: spflow

andersonb109 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It looks like tickets aren't available on line.
> And I didn't see a timetable on the notice.
> Translation is interesting. It says "drive the
> dining car" of course meaning "ride."

The only details I could find are in German, which say very clearly that tickets are available in person, by phone and online from 28th June.

I didn't see any translation - where was that you quote? Remember that different nationalities do not use language in the same way. In English one would say "travel in" the dining car rather than either "drive" or "ride", both of which would use the same word in German.

It all sounds great fun, I will try and be there!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0354 seconds