Home Open Account Help 304 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Finse cam heads up

Date: 07/25/17 14:32
Finse cam heads up
Author: pvarlien

I've noticed that a number of people here watch the Finse station webcam. So I figured I should post the following.

A bit of background: Norwegian Public Broadcasting (NRK) do a series of live entertainment shows every summer, five days a week for eight weeks.
Each year they try something a little different.

This year they've chartered a train, and are broadcasting from a different location on the Norwegian rail network every night.
The train, "Sommertoget"/"The Summer Train" is carrying the production staff for the show, and all their equipment, from place to place.

Needless to say, the Bergen line is on the schedule, and the evening show this Thursday (July 27) will be from the Finse station.
The train is scheduled to arrive at Finse at 13:55 local time Thursday. I expect it will be stopped on the track closest to the platform while it is at Finse.
The TV-broadcast is at 9:30 PM local time.
The train departs for its next destination at 05:45 Friday morning local time.

I should probably add that the daily move from location to location is part of the package. There are cameras on the locomotive, and a camera equipped helicopter in the air.
each day's travels, including intermediate stops, are recorded and every afternoon NRK broadcasts a minute-by-minute program documenting the days move. (I believe Norwegian Public Broadcasting and "slow TV" has been discussed here in the past ;-) ) These shows may be found on nrk.no. Be warned that part of the time you will be seeing a reporter on the train talking to guests in Norwegian.
But a lot of the time there will be views, either from the on-board cameras or the accompanying helicopter the the areas the train is passing through.

Anyway, "Finse-cam friends", now you know what's up when the unusual train stops at Finse on Thursday, and stays until the next morning, amid great activity. :-)

Peter Varlien
Heimdal,

Date: 07/26/17 15:15
Re: Finse cam heads up
Author: czephyr17

Tusen takk!

Date: 07/26/17 18:36
Author: mp16

Thanks for the info. It should be an interesting event.

I hope the Finse webcam is fixed. For the pst two months it has been erratic. Pictures are frequently jerky or all motion stops and the clock stops.
It used to be very smooth picture of everything and everyone moving along normally.

Date: 07/27/17 00:59
Author: 1-12016

Peter varlien we are almost neighbours. I live at Kolstad. Are u member of njk.

Date: 07/27/17 08:49
Author: pvarlien

Nope, not a member of NJK. Not yet, anyway.

Posted from Android

Peter Varlien
Heimdal,

Date: 07/27/17 10:01
Author: JGFuller

The special train is there now!

http://www.bt.no/tv/#!/video/100521/finse-stasjon

Date: 07/27/17 10:57
Author: Arkeytek

All I can see is:

! Beklanger. Videoen er ikke tilgjengelig.

Dang.

Date: 07/27/17 11:55
Author: czephyr17

Arkeytek Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All I can see is:
>
> ! Beklanger. Videoen er ikke tilgjengelig.
>
> Dang.

"Sorry. The video is not available."

I've noticed the same message around train time a lot. The other day, I went to the site about half an hour before train time, and left it up on my computer on my desk while I was working on something else not on the computer. It worked fine, I could see people walking around, a tractor dragging something around in a cart, flag blowing in the wind, until about a minute before the train was supposed to arrive when the image suddenly froze. I shut it down, then reopened it, the image came up with the train in the station, but it was still froze (nobody moving). I closed and then reopened it and the image was still froze but the train was advanced so I could see the front end entered into the snow shed and the tail end leaving station. I closed it again, then brought it up a few minutes later and it was working fine. I wonder if it has problems at times when a lot of people might be checking it out? I'm not technologically inclined in these matters, so I do not know how these things work.

Date: 07/27/17 13:11
Author: birdman

czephyr17 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Arkeytek Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > All I can see is:
> >
> > ! Beklanger. Videoen er ikke tilgjengelig.
> >
> > Dang.
>
> "Sorry. The video is not available."
>
> I've noticed the same message around train time a
> lot. The other day, I went to the site about half

> an hour before train time, and left it up on my
> computer on my desk while I was working on
> something else not on the computer. It worked
> fine, I could see people walking around, a tractor
> dragging something around in a cart, flag blowing
> in the wind, until about a minute before the train
> was supposed to arrive when the image suddenly
> froze. I shut it down, then reopened it, the
> image came up with the train in the station, but
> it was still froze (nobody moving). I closed and
> then reopened it and the image was still froze but
> the train was advanced so I could see the front
> end entered into the snow shed and the tail end
> leaving station. I closed it again, then brought
> it up a few minutes later and it was working fine.
> I wonder if it has problems at times when a lot
> of people might be checking it out? I'm not
> technologically inclined in these matters, so I do
> not know how these things work.

Probably too many people trying to access the webcam - not enough bandwidth to handle the load.

Date: 07/27/17 13:14
Author: Arkeytek

My thoughts as well. But it appears that all of the webcams on BT-TV has the same error message.

????

Never mind, it's over.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/17 14:38 by Arkeytek.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0597 seconds