Home Open Account Help 281 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Random London Shots

Date: 11/05/17 07:03
Random London Shots
Author: dwatry

Random shots from a few old favorite locations.

1) How many trains can you count? Looks like 5 moving trains and one on the far left in the stabling siding. Shot at Clapham Junction, of course, with a Southern Class 377 EMU set approaching in foreground.
2) Class 455 EMU set from Surbiton to Waterloo approaching Clapham Jct. Set is still in livery of South West Trains, which was recently supplanted by South Western Railway as the franchise operator for the services formerly operated by SWT. Did not see any repainted trains during an hour or so at Clapham Jct.
3) Back in the old neighborhood - Jubilee line train at West Hampstead - classic deco platform structures.

Date: 11/05/17 07:07
Re: Random London Shots

4) West Hampstead station with two Jubilee line trains at platform.
5) High Barnet station - end of the Northern Line High Barnet branch.
6) Metropolitan Line train for Aldgate at Baker Street - my favorite station!

Date: 11/05/17 07:09

7) Metropolitan Line train for Amersham at Baker Street.

Date: 11/06/17 05:24
Author: spflow

How wonderful for Baker St to be your favourite station. It has been mine ever since I first went as a young child (over 60 years ago!). I revisited one snowy January about five years back for the steam operation as part of the "150 years of the Underground" celebrations, and took a few extra pics - here they are:

Pick 1: platforms five and six, the original underground route, now part of the circle line.

Pic 2: a detail on one of the platform alcoves.

Pic 3: the passage through to the “mainline” platforms 1 to 4.

Date: 11/06/17 05:28
Author: spflow

Couldn't resist a couple more, sorry but it's so nice to find Americans appreciating London Underground!, hope you enjoy them.

Pic 4: looking north up platform 4 (a terminal platform), note snow on
rails as track not in use on this particular day.

Pic 5: buffer stops at platform 4

Pic 6: 1920s poster revealed by renovation work.

Date: 11/10/17 16:12
Author: grahamline

There is also the wall of Sherlock Holmes' profile, done in glazed tiles. Don't have access to my photos at the moment.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0506 seconds