Home Open Account Help 346 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Transport for London Car Line Diagrams

Date: 02/01/18 09:14
Transport for London Car Line Diagrams
Author: Geodyssey

"A Car Line Diagram (CLD) is the line of route which displays information regarding step-free access and, on occasion, works and closures information. It also shows interchanges with other lines displayed in the cars."

https://tfl.gov.uk/corporate/publications-and-reports/car-line-diagrams

Date: 02/05/18 08:22
Re: Transport for London Car Line Diagrams
Author: joemvcnj

One of the 5 District Lines has only 1 stop in common with the other 4. Why do they call it "District Line" ?

Date: 02/05/18 11:40
Author: symph1

joemvcnj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One of the 5 District Lines has only 1 stop in
> common with the other 4. Why do they call it
> "District Line" ?

The District Line was originally a separate company, the Metropolitan District Railway. It became part of the overall tube network in 1933.

Date: 02/07/18 12:02
Author: DavidP

joemvcnj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One of the 5 District Lines has only 1 stop in
> common with the other 4. Why do they call it
> "District Line" ?

Earls Court Station has always been the linchpin of the District line, with services operating between various endpoints. During the period you’re looking at, service to Edgeware Road was truncated at South Kensington, I think due to construction around Paddington and Edgware Road. Last time I attended a conference at the Olympia was 2014, and I seem to remember there being a South Kensington - Olympian shuttle train in operation, connecting with other District line trains at Earls Court. The most recent Underground map - content.tfl.gov.uk/standard-tube-map.pdf - shows a return to traditional operation.

Dave

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0402 seconds